2.0
Turnaround Time

My friend and I got a 1/2 cord of firewood.I thought we could save some money by ordering it as unsplit wood (my friend and I are fully capable of splitting it ourselves).

After looking at his website after we ordered it and it was delivered, and we split half of it (other half was so knotty it couldn't be split), we realized that he charges the same price split as the price he quoted us for unsplit wood. He also said that the wood would be seasoned at least 1 year and is ready to burn. While we were splitting it we noticed that it seemed very wet (using a wedge caused water to be squeezed out of the wood).

We attempted to burn a few pieces and nothing would burn.I'm still trying to get ahold of the owner to see how he could remedy the situation but he isn't returning my calls.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Wet wood, Huge pieces of unplit wood, Very knotty wood.

Had an Experience with Howard County Landscape Supply?

Comments

Columbia, Maryland, United States #895006

I would like to follow up on this issue.The owner called me personally and discussed the situation.

He added the delivery charge twice because he forgot he had included it in the initial quote.

He apologized profusely, and explained that this is a very busy time of year for them.He is making it right by delivering a quarter cord of split wood at no charge.

Thank you Howard County Landscaping Supply